June 24: Chatbot

 Today in class we made chatbots using Chatfuel and Facebook. A chatbot is a program that is designed to communicate with people in place of a real person. They can be used by companies, websites, or etc. to communicate with customers and answer their questions. 

Python Chatbot:
The code we were given was pre-made. We were able to use this code to get a very basic chatbot. After this we got to edit the code to make the chatbot able to answer more questions. I added on simple questions like "How old are you", "What is the best color", and a couple other basic questions. I understand a bit better now why people would use machine learning for a chatbot as filling in manually every question and answer takes a long time. 


Chatfuel/Facebook Chatbot: 
My chatbot was inspired by my father. He is always asking my sister and I for good anime to watch so I decided to make a chatbot that gives anime suggestions. The suggestions are based a little bit on my personal choices, but mainly from what I found on the internet as I haven't watched a lot of anime outside of action. That is why the chat bot also includes a list option. Incase my suggestions are not on par one can view the suggestions of the general public. I also included some sites to watch anime on as I know not everyone knows where they can find these shows. 



What I learned while making a Chatbot:

While making my chatbot I learned that a flow is in simple terms the structure of the conversation for the chatbot. The flow will determine what direction the conversation goes and where each button or response will take the user. While making my chatbot I realized that you needed to keep your boxes organized. If you wanted to make a longer more in depth chatbot, then you would have many connections and boxes. If they got out of order or were in a giant pile, then you would not be able to tell where each connection should go. To counter this, I organized my path into sections and made sure each box led to its own section. I also had problems connecting my Facebook page to the chatbot. I realized that I needed to connect the "get started" button to the messaging to get the chatbot to work.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 10 3d-printing

Visualization and AI Overview.

June 4: Engineering Design Process